Stanly County School district is one of 115 local education agencies (LEAs) in North Carolina to procure Tyler's Munis ERP solution to improve overall information transparency while helping these agencies make highly visible and important data-driven decisions.
SCS is one of four pilot districts working with DPI as early adopters to implement the DPI School Business System Modernization program. SCS feedback and input in developing a template for the modernization process will assist future implementations across the state.
The DPI project aims to deliver cloud-based systems with substantial improvements for the LEAs including:
- Tightly coupled HR and finance
- Near real-time position visibility and control
- Improved data management and advanced analytics for decision support
- Workflow and process enhancements
- Increased efficiency of operations
- Simplify monitoring and compliance
- Replacement of obsolete systems
- LEA resource planning (ERP) platforms
- State-level reporting (financial, HR, student information, etc.)
- State-level licensure
Munis is used by more than 550 school districts across the country. Today, one in four school districts nationwide use a Tyler solution in their software ecosystem ensuring modern and efficient processing solutions.
The SBSM Process is funded by the State Legislature and SCS as well as each LEA participating receives funding during the implementation process.