School Nutrition Home
Welcome to School Nutrition Services!
Our School Nutrition Department is dedicated to students' health, well being, and ability to learn. We support learning by promoting healthy habits for lifelong nutrition and fitness practices. Meals, foods, and beverages sold or served at schools meet state and federal requirements which are based on the USDA Dietary Guidelines. We provide students with access to a variety of affordable and appealing foods that meet the health and nutrition needs of students.
Did you know.......
- We are a self-supporting entity of Stanly County Schools. We participate in the National School Lunch Program and the School Breakfast Program. We provide After School Snacks or Supper to sites who qualify. Every summer, we offer the Summer Food Service Program. In addition, we have 14 schools participating in the Community Eligibility Provision (CEP) for the 2022-2023 school year.
- We serve meals at all 21 schools.
- We employ over 70 food service professionals.
- As a district, SNP has an average overall health inspection of 99.2.
- All of SNP employees are required to complete extensive food safety and sanitation training. All cafeteria managers and at least one additional School Nutrition employee per school are required to become ServSafe Manager certified. We have over 40 employees who are ServSafe Manager certified.
Extras and snacks will be sold and money can be added to a student's accounts by check or cash at the school or online at K12 Payment Center
USDA Non-Discrimination Statement