This is your chance to not only shape your future but everyone's future.
The once-a-decade population count serves as the basis for distributing federal assistance to schools and educational institutions, including Title I aid, the National School Lunch Program, and special education grants to states. Join us to spread the word about the importance of the 2020 Census and help ensure that your students, educators, and community members receive the resources they need.
BENEFITS OF A COMPLETE COUNT
A complete count of every person living in Stanly County has tremendous benefits for our schools, students, staff, and community members.
The 2020 Census count impacts the federal funds that communities receive each year for programs and services that are critical for schools, students, and younger children, such as:
- Special education, Head Start, after-school programs, and classroom technology.
- Food assistance, including free and reduced-price school lunches.
- Maternal and child health programs.
- Accurately determine how many representatives each state has in Congress and inform the redrawing of congressional district boundaries.
- Are used as the basis for distributing more than $675 billion in federal funds annually to states, counties, and communities to support resources such as schools, hospitals, and fire departments.
- Inform policy, community initiatives, and consumer advocacy.
- Are used to determine the allocation of Title I funds, which provide financial assistance to local educational agencies and schools with high numbers or high percentages of children from low-income families.