Excited to Return to School - Monday, November 2, 2020
Stanly County Schools returns to a hybrid face-to-face and remote instruction schedule on Monday, November 2, 2020.
The schedule for students will be as follows which is the same schedule that was implemented on October 5, 2020.
- Elementary students Kindergarten through fourth grade will attend face-to-face instruction Monday through Thursday.
- Fifth Grade students will remain housed at the middle school buildings and attend face-to-face instruction Monday through Thursday
- Sixth through eighth grade students will attend classes in two groups.
- Group A (A-J) face-to-face students will report Monday and Tuesday
- Group B (K-Z) face-to-face students will report Wednesday and Thursday
- Ninth through twelfth grade students will attend classes in two groups.
- Group A (A-J) current face to face students will report Monday and Tuesday
- Group B (K-Z) current face to face students will report Wednesday and Thursday
- All grade levels will have remote learning days on Fridays.
- As a reminder, students will not attend face-to-face classes on Tuesday, November 3rd.
This day will be a remote learning day for all students.
The Stanly County Health Department supports the decision to return to face-to-face instruction based on the decline in the percentage of positive cases reported to Stanly County Schools.
All SCS employees and all ESS long-term substitutes are prepared for our return. All employees have received additional mandatory Safety COVID-19 Health & Safety training presentations to be completed prior to returning on October 30, 2020, which is the date that staff is allowed to return to our campuses. SCS will continue to provide deep sanitation requirements for all facilities and buses.
SCS is acquiring additional nurses to assist with COVID related processes and operations. Our nurses will work each individual case by case addressing the needs of our district with guidance from Stanly County Health Department.
Parents are to communicate any COVID-19 related symptoms or exposure to their school nurse. School nurse contact information can be found on the SCS webpage by clicking on
Unpredictable circumstances and challenges will be part of our ongoing preparations for working toward a continuity of learning in an educational environment that is safe for all students and staff. It is imperative that we all abide by the guidelines of the healthcare professionals to come together and overcome this pandemic. Our best line of defense in defeating this virus is largely dependent on the diligence of the community to join us in our efforts to return to face-to-face instruction.
Reminder: No Face-to-Face Learning on campuses on Tuesday, November 3, 2020.
November 3rd is a scheduled Remote Learning Day and was denoted on the approved school calendar from the start of the 2020/2021 school year.